How soon can I earn this degree?
If you follow the course plan, combining 8-week and an occasional 16-week course, you can earn your MSN in two years.
Can I continue to work while working toward this degree?
Yes, you can complete the entire “classroom” portion of the nursing degree program online at a time that works within your schedule, as long as you meet the expected deadlines for assignments and exams. A qualified preceptor will help you arrange the clinical component of the program.
Is there a clinical component?
Yes. You will be responsible for finding a qualified preceptor to complete this component at a setting near your location.
Is this MSN program accredited?
Yes. The Master of Science in Nursing program at Queens is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791).
Do Clinical Nurse Leaders® still work with patients?
Yes. Many nurses choose to become Clinical Nurse Leaders® because they enjoy working directly with patients but still want to take on leadership and management duties. See this resource article for a more specific description of the CNL role.
What are the admission requirements?
To apply, you must submit:
- A completed graduate application
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic coursework, indicating evidence of:
- A BSN degree earned at a regionally accredited institution and nursing program accredited by NLNAC or CCNE. RNs with other bachelor’s degrees will be considered on an individual basis.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in upper division nursing coursework.
- Applicants may be considered for probationary admission on a case by case basis if the following conditions apply:
- Cumulative GPA OR upper division nursing coursework GPA of 2.8 – 3.0 (not both)
- Final semester of enrollment in upper division nursing coursework 3.0 or better
- No GRE required
- Evidence of a current unrestricted license to practice nursing in the state in which you will complete any practicum requirements of the program
Is the GRE required?
No, we do not require a GRE score for admission to the nursing degree program.
How do I apply?
Go to the Apply Now page to submit your application. You can also call 866-313-2356 to speak to an admissions representative, who can help you throughout the application and admission processes.
How much is tuition for this program?
Tuition for the nursing program for the 2015-2016 school year is $490 per credit hour, plus a clinical fee of $35 per semester. Please note that tuition rates are subject to change.