Reach diverse audiences with winning strategies.
The Master of Arts in Communication prepares you to develop and execute communication strategies across mediums and communities. You will graduate ready to not only deliver a brand’s key message but also guide internal communication in a variety of industry-spanning roles.
- There is a faster than average growth for advertising, promotions and marketing managers through 20281
- Marketing directors with their master’s degree earn, on average, $9,000 more per year2
- Directors of communications with their master’s degree earn, on average, $10,000 more per year3
Whether you aim to be a PR entrepreneur, a social engagement guru, or a director-level marketing strategist, your MA in Communication will put you in an elite class of master’s-educated professionals.
You’ll be ready to capitalize on high growth in applied communication by knowing how to manage communication campaigns from top to bottom, across platforms and demographics, with a mastery of both the theory of communication and its application.
By choosing a Strategic Communication specialization, you will acquire experience creating compelling messages for specific audiences and stakeholders. Meanwhile, by selecting an Organizational Communication specialization, you’ll learn effective leadership and team building skills that are vital for advancing an organization’s mission and goals.
Advertising, Promotions, or Marketing Manager
As an advertising, promotions or marketing manager, you would lead efforts to reach your organization’s key audiences with the messages to drive business, communicate about campaigns or drive interest in a new product.1
Public Relations and Fundraising Manager
As a public relations and fundraising manager, you would be responsible for maintaining the public’s positive perception of your client, as well as encouraging donor contributions. This position requires mastery of not only communication and social media, but also public events.4
Other positions where you could put your skills to work:
- Communications Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Media and Communications Manager
- Editor/Technical Writer
- Content Marketing Writer
- Human Resources Manager
- Public Health Project Coordinator
- Media Producer
- Director of Public Affairs
- Digital and Social Media Manager
- Director of Development
Request More Information
We are here to help you every step of the way. To learn more about how Queens University of Charlotte can help you accomplish your goals, fill out the form below and one of our knowledgeable program managers will reach out personally.
Expert Planning Makes the Difference
Completing an MA in Communication from Queens University of Charlotte will equip you with valuable new skills, including the ability to:
- Execute campaigns across traditional, digital, and emerging media simultaneously
- Develop and manage an authentic brand identity
- Tactically choose the best communication medium for any situation
- Identify audience motivations, and inspire engagement
Optional Specializations: Enhance Your Strategy
MA Communication: Strategic Communication
The Strategic Communication specialization offers you practice in various communication platforms. You will gain essential skills for designing, implementing and managing communication plans and strategies while developing an understanding of critical concepts in communication research, management, marketing, advertising, public relations and more.
MA Communication: Organizational Communication
The Organizational Communication specialization explores both the theory and practice of effective leadership, team building, group dynamics, and conflict management within an organizational setting. You will focus on the importance of effective group and team communication, which are critical for organizations to achieve their mission and/or goals.
Connecting You With Your Future
Queens’ student-focused approach doesn’t end with your MA in Communication. Long after you graduate, we’re here to support you in your career goals.
- (2019, Sept. 4). Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Managers. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm#tab-8
- (2020, Feb. 19). Master of Arts (MA), Communication Degree. PayScale. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Master_of_Arts_(MA)%2C_Communication/Salary
- (2020, Feb. 12). Bachelor of Arts (BA), Communication Degree. PayScale. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Bachelor_of_Arts_(BA)%2C_Communication/Salary/Page-5
- (2019, Dec. 16). Public Relations and Fundraising Managers. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/public-relations-managers.htm