Master of Arts in Educational Leadership Jobs
Lead a community devoted to learning.
Translate your teaching experience into a career as a K-12 principal with the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership online degree from Queens University of Charlotte.
- The top 10% of K-12 principals earn an average annual salary of $144,9501
- 275,400 educational leadership jobs nationwide for elementary, middle, and high school principals in 20181
- The top 10 skills for principals include promoting your vision, active listening, empowering others, and motivating change2
You’ll learn to face the daily challenges of school administration in a curriculum designed by faculty who have extensive educational leadership experience.
You’ll also get an in-depth understanding of your own leadership style, so you can inspire and retain your teachers while creating an incredible learning environment for your students.
Go to work knowing all the skills required to be your school’s final authority, including managing limited resources, mapping out data-driven improvement plans, communicating your vision to all stakeholders, and building a robust educational community.
High School Principal
As a high school principal, you would be in charge of all aspects of your institution. You’d oversee teachers and students, attend school events, and make disciplinary and staffing decisions. You’d also provide operational leadership, ensuring your teachers have the resources they need to foster learning.3
As an instructional coordinator, you would support educators and administrative staff in developing curriculum strategy, content, and materials for classes. You may also provide other training services, such as computer and technology training.4
Additional jobs for Educational Leadership graduates:
- Dean of students
- Dean of faculty
- Department chair
- Assistant principal
Request More Information
We are here to help you every step of the way. To learn more about how Queens University of Charlotte can help you accomplish your goals, fill out the form below and one of our knowledgeable program managers will reach out personally.
The Skills to Lead an Educational Institution
You will complete the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership online program ready to:
- Become a principal or administration leader who proactively advances the field of education
- Identify your natural leadership style and how to leverage it effectively
- Interpret data and statistics and map out a plan for improvement
- Effectively manage your school with available resources
- Collaborate with others to create positive change for students and teachers
This program meets the requirements for the Professional Educator’s Continuing License, which is required to become a principal in North Carolina.
Connecting You With Your Future
Queens’ student-focused approach doesn’t end with your degree. Our Vandiver Center for Career Development is here to support you in advancing your career goals by providing:
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved September 19, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/elementary-middle-and-high-school-principals.htm
- Castillo, R. (2019 May 17). Top 10 Skills Every School Principal Must Have. PikMyKid. Retrieved September 19, 2019, from https://www.pikmykid.com/top-10-skills-every-school-principal-must-have.
- Payscale (2019 September 10). Average High School Principal Salary. Retrieved September 19, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=High_School_Principal/Salary.
- Payscale (2019 August 15). Average Instructional Coordinator Salary. Retrieved October 7, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Instructional_Coordinator/Salary.