Online Master of Health Administration (MHA)
Prepare to Manage and Grow Healthcare Organizations
Earn your degree in 2 years
No on-site residency
Affordable MHA program
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
- Duration 2 years
- Cost per Credit $830
- Credit Hours 36
- Relevant and timely course content
- Attend class when and where it’s convenient
- Learn from highly qualified and experienced faculty
- 3 convenient start dates
Meet the Needs of Healthcare Today —and Tomorrow
Queens University of Charlotte has a legacy of creating industry leaders. That comes from our teaching philosophy of pairing hands-on application of skills with a basis in foundational theory.
In the online Master of Health Administration, you will learn from expert faculty currently employed in the healthcare field. You will graduate prepared to succeed in your chosen career and with the essential knowledge to improve the health of patients and communities, ready to make an immediate and lasting impact in the healthcare industry.
No residency requirement
No GRE/GMAT requirement
No application fee
The online MHA program and its curriculum adhere to the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) core competencies, offering you courses that are an engaging mix of online learning and faculty facilitated live sessions via video conferencing.
The 5 ACHE Core Competencies
- Communication and relationship management
- Healthcare knowledge and expertise
- Business knowledge and expertise
What Sets the Queens MHA Apart
The online MHA prepares you to apply core business principles to the variable healthcare setting. This combination of business acumen and healthcare subject matter expertise enables you to structure, manage, and lead successful healthcare ventures. This is also what sets Queens’ online MHA program apart from other master’s in healthcare administration.
- 2022 Top 15 University in the South: U.S. News & World Report
- 2018 Top 20 Most Affordable Online MHA; Grad School Hub
- Ranked 28th as Best Online MHA Program; onlinemastersdegree.org
Additional Program Information
A Curriculum Centered on Applied Learning
8-week course duration
Unlike some health administration programs, Queens University of Charlotte’s online health administration curriculum focuses on applied learning — meaning you can immediately apply the skills, tools, and techniques you learn in the virtual class setting.
Our Courses Focus on What is Current in Healthcare and What’s to Come.
The curriculum addresses pressing healthcare needs, so your courses, coursework, and materials are relevant and further develop your leadership, financial, and analytical skills.View Course Descriptions
Queens University of Charlotte is a Proven Leader in Healthcare Education and Excellence
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Higher Education Network participant
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) member
What You Will Learn in the MHA Program
The skills acquired in the online MHA program are immediately transferable to real-life scenarios. You will graduate confident in your abilities to:
- Assess and improve upon existing policies as well as implement new processes to streamline operations.
- Evaluate expenditures and provide cost-saving recommendations.
- Promptly adapt procedures in response to changes in state and federal healthcare regulations.
- Develop strategic plans for healthcare organizations, such as hospitals and outpatient centers.
- Lead strategic efforts that support improved healthcare practices and outcomes for individuals, families, and your community.
- Generate and evaluate effective communication that is contextually relevant for the healthcare institution
- Demonstrate leadership skills focused on obtaining operational and strategic goals
- Model professionalism that ethically and responsibly serves a healthcare organization and its stakeholders
Experts Predict 9.8 million New Healthcare Jobs by 2024
As the fastest growing industry in America, the need for exceptional healthcare leaders is exceptionally high. Earning the MHA signals to employers you have the expertise to lead teams and help healthcare organizations thrive. And the career landscape is exceptionally positive.
A healthcare administration degree is a versatile credential that can position you for higher-paying positions in multiple capacities ranging from hospitals to research institutes.
Your Degree and Skills Are Applicable in a Variety of Settings
Hospitals | Nursing Homes | Private Clinics | Group Medical Practices | Outpatient Facilities
“The MHA program provided me with tools that are critical to strategic planning, implementation, and continuous improvement. I use the knowledge and skills that I learned in the program every day.” ~Jasmine Hickman ’19– JASMINE HICKMAN, MHA ‘19
MHA Admission Requirements
With no application fee, Queens University of Charlotte makes it easy to apply for admission to the online Master of Health Administration program. Here is what you will need to get started:
- Completed application. You can start your application here.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent from an international college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale (requires 2 years of healthcare work experience)
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale (requires 5 years of healthcare work experience with supervisory and/or budget responsibility)
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions
- Two letters of reference/recommendation
- Professional resume
- Career statement that cites your career goals
Affordable Tuition and Financial Aid
The online MHA at Queens University was ranked one of the top 10 most affordable MHA programs in 2019 by MHA Online. Priced at $830 cost per credit, we offer affordable tuition and transparency on what you can expect to pay.View Tuition Details
Figuring out how to pay for your education shouldn’t be intimidating. Many of our students use federal financial assistance to offset their tuition, and you may qualify, too.
Learn more about your financial aid options, including employer tuition reimbursement, scholarships and grants, and military benefits.Explore Financial Aid
Faculty That Work in the Field
In the online Master of Health Administration (MHA), you will learn firsthand from a faculty of distinguished professionals, many of whom are still active in their respective areas of expertise.
This allows instructors to infuse their real-world experience into course discussions and provides you with an unparalleled approach that keeps coursework timely, engaging, and practical.Meet Your Faculty
The Online Student Experience and Its Advantages
Queens has a student-first approach to online learning that prioritizes what you need to succeed, including 24/7 tech support. You will benefit from smaller class sizes and experience our rich, interactive learning platform that makes connecting with your studies simple.Learn More About Online Learning
Frequently Asked Questions
As you explore Queens’ Master of Health Administration, our dedicated staff is here to ensure your decision-making is stress-free and enjoyable. If you have a question not covered here, request more information or call 866-313-2356.
The program is $811 per credit hour, and the total tuition cost is $29,196.
To be admitted to the program, you must submit an application, have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, two years of professional healthcare experience, resume, official transcripts of all colleges previously attended, statement of purpose, and two letters of recommendation.
Please contact an admissions advisor for more information regarding virtual open house sessions for the MHA program.
The total number of transferrable credits s up to 12. Please speak with an Admissions Advisor for more information.
The MHA program has an 89% retention rate.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Medical and Health Services Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved September 9, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.